CompTIA Network+ (N10-007)/Security+ (SY0-501) Combo 8-Day Course
This 8-day combination course focuses on the Network+ (N10-007)/Security+ (SY0-501) content in a boot-camp style and is designed for those who have less time to train and are concerned about meeting budgets. The first 4 days are dedicated to Network+ (N10-007) content exclusively. The second 4 days are dedicated to Security+ (SY0-501) content. If students plan on certifying, it is highly recommended that they study for 1-2 week’s minimum before taking the exam, unless they are highly experienced in IT security and networking principles.
CompTIA Network+ (N10-007)
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software and operating systems who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ Exam. It is also suitable for those who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration.
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-007). A typical student taking the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course should have a minimum of nine months of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory; A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not mandatory.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
– Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
– Describe bounded network media.
– Describe unbounded network media.
– Identify the major types of network implementations.
– Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
– Analyze routing and switching technologies.
– Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation.
– Analyze network security.
– Implement network security.
– Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
– Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
– Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
– Manage networks.
– Troubleshoot network issues.
None. It is highly recommended to achieve A+ Certification first.
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501)
In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-501).
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as macOS®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; preparing for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
In this course, you will implement information security across a variety of different contexts. You will:
•Identify the fundamental components of information security.
•Identify various threats to information security.
•Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
•Implement security for hosts and software.
•Implement security for networks.
•Manage identity and access.
•Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
•Implement security at the operational level.
•Address security incidents.
•Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident.
After mastering CompTIA’s vendor-neutral approach to Security students may wish to look to a vendor-specific approach to security in a Microsoft of Cisco offering. Additionally, students may want to expand their security knowledge by focusing on security policy and procedures in CISSP. For a more targeted approach to Security there is the CEH offering.
CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) Course Outline
1 – NETWORK THEORY
- Network Types
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Data Transmission Methods
2 – BOUNDED NETWORK MEDIA
- Copper Media Fiber
- Optic Media Bounded Network
- Media Installation
3 – UNBOUNDED NETWORK MEDIA
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Implement Wireless Technology
- Internet of Things
4 – NETWORK IMPLEMENTATIONS
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
5 – TCP/IP ADDRESSING AND DATA DELIVERY
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Addressing
6 – ROUTING AND SWITCHING
- Switching Network Packet
- Routing Static and Dynamic IP Routing
7 – TCP/IP IMPLEMENTATION
- Configure IP Addresses
- Naming Services
- TCP/IP Utilities
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
8 – NETWORK SECURITY ANALYSIS
- Introduction to Network Security
- Network Security Policies
- Physical Security
- Common Network Attacks
9 – NETWORK SECURITY IMPLEMENTATION
- Authentication Access
- Control Port, Service, and Protocol
- Security Wireless Network
- Security Patches and Updates Mitigation Techniques
10 – WAN INFRASTRUCTURE
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies VoIP
11 – CLOUD AND VIRTUALIZATION TECHNIQUES
- Virtualization Technologies
- Network Storage Technologies
- Cloud Computing
12 – REMOTE NETWORKING
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access
- Networking Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
13 – NETWORK MANAGEMENT
- Monitor Networks
- Document the Network
- Establish Baselines
- Optimize Network Performance
- Ensure Business Continuity
14 – TROUBLESHOOTING NETWORK ISSUES
- Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshoot Wired Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Network Service Issues
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Course Outline
1 – IDENTIFYING SECURITY FUNDAMENTALS
- Identify Information Security Concepts
- Identify Basic Security Controls
- Identify Basic Authentication and Authorization Concepts
- Identify Basic Cryptography Concepts
2 – ANALYZING RISK
- Analyze Organizational Risk
- Analyze the Business Impact of Risk
3 – IDENTIFYING SECURITY THREATS
- Identify Types of Attackers
- Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Identify Malware
- Identify Software-Based Threats
- Identify Network-Based Threats
- Identify Wireless Threats
- Identify Physical Threats
4 – CONDUCTING SECURITY ASSESSMENTS
- Identify Vulnerabilities
- Assess Vulnerabilities
- Implement Penetration Testing
5 – IMPLEMENTING HOST AND SOFTWARE SECURITY
- Implement Host Security
- Implement Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Implement Mobile Device Security
- Incorporate Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
6 – IMPLEMENTING NETWORK SECURITY
- Configure Network Security Technologies
- Secure Network Design Elements
- Implement Secure Networking Protocols and Services
- Secure Wireless Traffic
7 – MANAGING IDENTITY AND ACCESS
- Implement Identity and Access Management
- Configure Directory Services
- Configure Access Services
- Manage Accounts
8 – IMPLEMENTING CRYPTOGRAPHY
- Identify Advanced Cryptography Concepts
- Select Cryptographic Algorithms
- Configure a Public Key Infrastructure
- Enroll Certificates
- Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys Revoke Certificates
9 – IMPLEMENTING OPERATIONAL SECURITY
- Evaluate Security Frameworks and Guidelines
- Incorporate Documentation in Operational Security
- Implement Security Strategies
- Manage Data Security Processes
- Implement Physical Controls
10 – ADDRESSING SECURITY INCIDENTS
- Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Respond to Security Incidents
- Investigate Security Incidents
11 – ENSURING BUSINESS CONTINUITY
- Select Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan