6428 Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server® 2008 Terminal Services
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot a Terminal Services (TS) environment. The course focuses on configuring of TS core functionality, licensing, Gateway, and Web Access.
This course is intended for an individual whose primary role is a Technology Specialist in an enterprise environment. Also, individuals who are assuming a new role requiring skills to manage connections served by a terminal server session over the intranet, extranet, and Internet would be interested in this course.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• Course 6420 Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure and Application Platform.
• Course 6421 Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure the TS role.
- Configure TS settings.
- Identify the appropriate licensing scope and configure forest, domain, and workgroup licensing.
- Identify when to use the per-user and per-device licensing modes.
- Install the TS Licensing Role.
- Configure TS licensing for per-user and device licenses.
- Manage the licensing lifecycle.
- Configure TS connection properties using TS console and Group Policy.
- Troubleshoot TS connection properties for a single user and multiple users.
- Identify the considerations for the types of applications that can be installed in a TS environment.
- Install applications on TS.
- Configure TS Web Access to make TS RemoteApp programs available through a Web site.
- Configure TS Easy Print.
- Install and configure TS Web Access role service.
- Configure a TS session broker for a load-balanced TS farm.
- Configure TS Gateway properties
- Monitor active connections using TS Gateway console.
- Troubleshoot a TS Gateway connectivity issue.
- Manage TS connections to ensure availability of the TS.
- Resolve client connectivity issues by verifying end-user configuration using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
- Monitor TS connections to determine when to force client disconnect.
- Identify monitoring methods for TS services role.
- Configure resource allocation policies using WSRM based on the environment.
- Monitor WSRM performance using the WSRM Monitoring TS tool.
1 – Configuring Terminal Services Core Functionality
- Configuring TS Role
- Configuring TS Settings
2 – Configuring and Managing Terminal Services Licensing
- Configuring TS Licensing
- Managing TS Licenses
3 – Configuring and Troubleshooting Terminal Services Connections
- Configuring TS Connection Properties
- Configuring TS Properties Using Group Policy
- Troubleshooting TS
4 – Configuring Terminal Services Resources
- Installing Applications
- Configuring Remote Applications
- Configuring Printers
5 – Configuring Terminal Services Web Access
- Installing the TS Web Access Role Service
6 – Configuring Session Broker
- Configuring a TS Session Broker for a Load-Balanced Farm
7 – Configuring and Troubleshooting Terminal Services Gateway
- Configuring TS Gateway
- Troubleshooting TS Gateway Connectivity Issues
8 – Managing and Monitoring Terminal Services
- Managing Current TS Connections
- Monitoring TS Connections
- Configuring WSRM for TS