10751 Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
This course describes private cloud configuration and deployment with Microsoft System Center 2012.
Data center administrators responsible for designing, installing and configuring a private cloud infrastructure.
- This course describes private cloud configuration and deployment with System Center 2012. Because this is an extensive technical domain that includes several individual products and technologies, it is strongly recommended administrators have prerequisite knowledge in the following areas:
_ Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system
_ Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
_ Microsoft SharePoint
_ Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V
_ Networking and storage experience
_ Familiarity with data center management processes
_ Previous work with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
_ Previous work with Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for the private cloud environment.
- Configure and deploy the application fabric.
- Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline
- Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
- Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
- Allocate resources to the private cloud and grant access to the private cloud.
- Understand how to monitor the private cloud using Operations Manager.
- Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for a private cloud environment.
- Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into the private cloud fabric.
- Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure DPM in a private cloud.
- Deploy and configure Microsoft System Center 2012; Orchestrator in a private cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center 2012 components.
1 – Planning for the Private Cloud
- Understanding the Private Cloud
- Requirements for Deploying a Private Cloud
- Designing the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of System Center 2012 Components
- Deploying Hyper-V Clustering with VMM
- Lab : Planning for the Private Cloud
2 – Configuring and Deploying the Private Cloud with System Center 2012 -Virtual Machine Manager
- Overview of VMM Architecture and Components
- Installing and Upgrading VMM
- Configuring VMM Security and Roles
- Understanding Host Groups
- Lab : Configuring and Deploying the Private Cloud Infrastructure
3 – Extending and Maintaining the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of the PXE and Update Server Roles
- Deploying Bare-Metal Hyper-V Host Servers
- Configuring the Update Server Role
- Creating and Using an Update Baseline
- Lab : Maintaining the Private Cloud Infrastructure
4 – Configuring Application Delivery
- Dynamic Application Deployment Overview
- Web Deployment Packages
- Server Application Virtualization Overview
- Configuring Server App-V Components
- Sequencing and Deploying Virtual Applications
- Lab : Configuring Virtual Application Delivery
5 – Creating the Private Cloud Building Blocks
- Configuring Guest Operating System Profiles
- Configuring Hardware Profiles
- Configuring SQL Server Using SQL Server Profiles
- Configuring Application Profiles
- Configuring Virtual Machine Templates
- Configuring the Self-Service User Role
- Lab : Creating the Private Cloud Building Blocks
6 – Deploying and Accessing a Private Cloud
- Understanding Private Cloud Computing
- Installing and Configuring App Controller
- Creating and Managing Services and Service Templates
- Lab : Deploying and Accessing a Private Cloud
7 – Monitoring the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Operations Manager Architecture and Security
- Upgrading Operations Manager 2007 R2
- Configuring Notifications
- Configuring Management Packs
- Configuring Integration with System Center 2012
- Lab : Monitoring the Private Cloud Infrastructure
8 – Extending and Customizing Monitoring of the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Configuring the SharePoint Server Portal
- Monitoring Templates
- Distributed Application Monitoring
- Lab : Extending and Customizing Monitoring
9 – Implementing Service Management for the Private Cloud
- Service Manager Architecture Overview
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 – Service Manager
- Understanding Service Manager Work Items
- Configuring Service Manager Connectors
- Configuring Service Manager Notifications
- Lab : Implementing Service Management for the Private Cloud
10 – Protecting the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Planning DPM Deployment
- DPM Architecture and Components
- Upgrading DPM
- Configuring DPM for the Private Cloud
- Configuring Application Protection for the Private Cloud
- Restoring Applications to the Private Cloud
- Lab : Protecting the Private Cloud Infrastructure
11 – Automating and Standardizing the Private Cloud
- Orchestrator Architecture and Components Overview
- Deploying and Configuring Core Components
- Managing Runbooks
- Configuring Integration Packs
- Lab : Automating the Private Cloud
12 – Configuring the Cloud Services Process Pack
- Implementing the Cloud Services Process Pack
- Service Level Management
- Lab : Configuring the Cloud Service Process Pack